Chamilo LMS 1.9.8 stable release
Chamilo LMS 1.9.8 has been released. Chamilo LMS 1.9.8 comes with 22 new features, 31 improvements and 396 bugfixes.
Chamilo LMS 1.9.8 has been released (internally it is 188.8.131.52 already, but the download links point to the latest version anyway).
Chamilo LMS 1.9.8 comes with 22 new features, 31 improvements and 396 bugfixes, making it the version with the most bugs fixes in the history of Chamilo LMS, although very few were actually critical bugs, which goes to say we have improved the software in many ways.
We recommend you upgrade to this version as soon as possible.
Upgrading from 1.9.0, 1.9.2, 1.9.4 or 1.9.6 to 1.9.8 is dead easy, so don't wait too long before you upgrade.
1.9.8 brings you the following new features, between others:
- Added BuyCourses plugin to sell courses through PayPal from inside your portal (requires you to be an portal admin)
- Added OpenMeetings plugin for videoconference through Chamilo
- Added support for sessions in BigBlueButton plugin (requires re-installation or manual DB update)
- Added support tickets system integrated as a plugin (requires activation by admin)
- Added browser language auto-detection at first connection
- Allowed student to check his/her test results if the date of the test is over
- Added possibility to add menu tab entry for any plugin
- Added CAPTCHA on registration page (requires manual configuration edition)
- Added "Sessions subscribed to" icon in users list
- Exercises: Added auto-evaluation mode with feedback but without correct answer hint
- Course copy: Included work/assignments copy in course copy
- Groups: Added possibility to increase the number of users in a group above the category limit
- Added X-SendFile support to boost files download (requires manual configuration edition and web server modules)
- Exercises: Added possibility to clear all results before a specific date
- Exercises: Added auditing of "clean results" action by teachers
- Added support for "for" attributes in <label> fields for WCAG/WAI AA compatibility
- Added user profile fields of type "File upload", allowing users to upload their CV or other documents
- Added Aiken (text) import format in exercises
You can always check the full list of tasks that have been closed as part of 1.9.8 here: https://support.chamilo.org/projects/chamilo-18/roadmap?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tracker_ids=2&tracker_ids=3&completed=1&with_subprojects=0#1.9.8
Thank you for your continuous support reporting and helping fix bugs, translating, documenting (text or video) or even developing new features. Thank you also for spreading the word about Chamilo. We understand you like it, but it is always important to share it so others can benefit from it too.
I'll write to you again in 6-9 months for Chamilo LMS v10, containing major structural improvements!