Project

General

Profile

Bug #888

SCORM - LMS communication breaks on user input

Added by mac joost over 9 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:
Bug resolved
Priority:
Normal
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
01/04/2010
Due date:
12/04/2010
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
0.50 h
Complexity:
Normal
SCRUM pts - complexity:
2

Description

I'm still using Dokeos, but I checked the Camilio source and it has the same issue:

Working in Dokeos 1.8.6.1 and SCORM, I found that certain user-input can break the ajax communication between the browser and Dokeos.

Found that the ajax calls are done using GET requests. When a user eg. uses the # (hash) character, in GET this is an anchor and everything after the # is ignored.

I changed all the GETS to POSTS and now it works fine. See attached diff.


Files

get-to-post.diff (6.28 KB) get-to-post.diff mac joost, 01/04/2010 11:04

History

#1

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 9 years ago

  • Due date set to 12/04/2010
  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Julio Montoya
  • Target version set to 1.8.7 beta
  • Estimated time set to 0.50 h
  • SCRUM pts - complexity changed from ? to 2

I'm not opposed to switching to POST, but I4m suspicious about the first change in scorm_api.php. Not sure this one will work (unless this section has in fact been commented out and is not used anymore).

Julio, can you check this one (that the POST in the first change in scorm_api.php in the diff file works) and if it works, apply it? If it doesn't convert that URL string building into different "params".
Thanks

#2

Updated by Anonymous over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Needs more info
  • Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Anonymous

Why use POST or GET when we could simply have both ? See http://code.google.com/p/chamilo/source/detail?r=12cb28f13e1122a12fe23fd0ce714da085f3b9cc&repo=classic

This should fix the problem, but please give me some feedback: Yannick, if you can test it to make sure it's ok...

#3

Updated by mac joost over 9 years ago

Hi Guillaume,

I chose to use $_POST because in some of the communication GET just isn't an option, but off course using $_REQUEST should be fine.

Good to have a fix!

#4

Updated by Anonymous over 9 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Anonymous to Yannick Warnier

Reassigning to you, Yannick. If you can test on your side and make sure it's ok...

#5

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs more info to Bug resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

My latest tests with SCORM contents seem to confirm that it works. Nice. Thank you.

Also available in: Atom PDF