E-mail tester screen
Many users have issues with sending e-mails. Most of these could be solved by having a direct feedback about the mail sending.
I suggest developing a tester screen (protect by api_is_platform_admin()) through a link in this block:
The tester screen should do the following:
- Show the current (calculated) values that result of mail.conf.php interpretation
- Give "Destination", "Subject" and "Body" fields + a "Send" button
- Extra: Give a div below (AJAX?) to show the results (logs) of the operation -> this last step will require small modifications to the mail function to be able to get the results back
Note that a setting: "SMTP_DEBUG" has been added to 1.10.x to give more information in terms of debug. It would be good to try and reuse it to get more info when we need it (for the div above)
Updated by Angel Quiroz about 5 years ago
Tengo de momento, este formulario para enviar correos, y ver los logs de correos fallidos. Aunque los logs no se entienden bien si son desde el correo de envío o desde la recepción.
Updated by Yannick Warnier about 5 years ago
- mail.conf.dist.php shouldn't be changed
- there needs to be more documentation at the beginning of failedSentMailErrors() to explain how to configure a cron script (or a cron script should be provided) to copy the mails log to some place where it can be read by www-data