Random quiz with questions categories
In 1.9.x, when selecting a number of random questions with categories, this random number would apply to the number of questions in one category. If the quiz contains questions from several categories, then each of these categories should show that random number of questions.
In 1.10.x (from today), when I have 31 questions, a little bit more than 5 in each of 5 categories, and I pick a number of random questions to be extracted, I only get 5 questions in total!!! I should get (5 categories)x(5 questions randomly selected) = 25 questions!
- create 5 quiz questions categories
- create a basic test
- create 30-or-so questions and assign them equally to each category
- edit the test configuration and select "Random questions" = 5
- select that you want to show questions categories and that you want to use categories randomly picked
- in the list of exercises, you should be able to see that your test is marked as "25 questions, from 5 categories"
- click the "Preview test" button
- move to the end of the 5-questions test. You'll see that you only remain at 5 questions, not 25 as expected
- that's it
Updated by Angel Quiroz over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Needs testing
- Assignee changed from Angel Quiroz to Yannick Warnier
- % Done changed from 0 to 90