Hide Chamilo version in footer
This could help bad people to detect if chamilo portal is outdated.
The footer should be replaced by "Powered by Chamilo" or "Platform Chamilo".
Updated by Yannick Warnier over 4 years ago
- Category set to Global / Others / Misc
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Julio Montoya
- Estimated time set to 0.50 h
- Complexity changed from Normal to Piece of cake
- SCRUM pts - complexity changed from ? to 1
I agree. I think adding an option to the settings_current to choose would be nice. By default, we can say it's disabled.
$ShowPortalVersionTitle = 'Display portal version';
$ShowPortalVersionComment = 'When enabled, shows the portal version (from configuration.php) in the footer. Otherwise, it only shows "Chamilo", so that crackers cannot easily identify the version to target a specific portal.';
Updated by Yannick Warnier about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Dont show chamilo version in footer to Hide Chamilo version in footer
- Status changed from Needs more info to Feature implemented
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
The version number was initially used to help people know in which version their own portal was, but:
- the admin page shows the version (not public)
- showing the version can be used to target specific portals with security flaws from previous versions
- removing it would remove the need to edit the configuration file manually on minor upgrades
- indexing by search engines doesn't bring added value in reference to version number