Forum peer scoring
One of the few features we are missing to enable real MOOCs to be organized in Chamilo is the possibility for students to score their peers in a forum.
This would enable teachers to "assign the task" to students to review and score at least 2 of their peers, for example.
The database fields seem to be alright at the moment to store that. The c_forum_thread_qualify table allows for a user_id (the evaluated student) and a qualify_user_id (the evaluator teacher at the moment, but this could be changed to a set of evaluator students).
As such, we would only need the c_forum_thread table to have one additional field "thread_peer_qualify tinyint default 0" to store the fact that this thread is a "Thread qualified by peers".
The logic would work like this:
- If this is a thread qualified by peers, then all students registered in the cours should see the icon (in the threads list) to score other students (all but themselves)
- When entering the students list, they should see all other students and be able to score them
- When this thread is included in the gradebook, the score is only > 0 if:
- he has been scored by at least one person and
- he has scored at least two other people (otherwise the gradebook score remains at zero)
- in the gradebook result, the score must be equal to 0 OR the average of the one (or more) score(s) he received
With that, I think there's not a lot more to do to actually implement this task fully.
For the "Peer qualification thread" language variables, I imagine the following:
$ForumThreadPeerScoring = "Thread scored by peers";
$ForumThreadPeerScoringComment = "If selected, this option will require each student to qualify at least 2 other students in order to get his score greater than 0 in the gradebook";
$ForumThreadPeerScoringStudentComment = "To get the expected score in this forum, your contribution will have to be scored by another student, and you will have to score at least 2 other students' contributions. Until you reach this objective, even if scored, your contribution will show as a 0 score in the global grades for this course";
This last text should be shown in italic below the title and description of the thread in the threads list.
Forum peer scoring see #7668 (partial)
Add db change thread_peer_qualify.
Gradebook result missing.
Updated by Julio Montoya over 4 years ago
- File Selection_001.png Selection_001.png added
- Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yannick Warnier
What about the "history" of the score. Right now if you change the score this change is saved in "c_forum_thread_qualify_log". If multiple users change the score there will be a lot of historical data.
Students can have access to that information?
Updated by Yannick Warnier over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Support to Feature
- Status changed from Needs testing to Feature implemented
- Assignee changed from Yannick Warnier to Julio Montoya
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Seems good to me. This will be considered a "beta" feature in 1.10.0, so I'm not too worried. It seems to work as intended. Great job on adding this smoothly and swiftly!