Move (some) settings from main/install/configuration.dist.php to settings_current table
Move most settings from the config file to the settings_current table.
Some settings will have to remain in the config file though, like the prevent_delete_users, as an admin shouldn't be able to change it.
There is a considerable amount of work to be done here to put each setting in a sensible category and add a title and a comment to language variables.
Partial move of settings from configuration.php to table settings_current - refs #7538
Add settings to settings_current table from configuration.dist.php - refs #7538
Updated by Yannick Warnier about 6 years ago
- add the setting to an src/Chamilo/CoreBundle/Migration/Schema/V110/Versionxyz.php (using $this->addSettingCurrent()) (thinking deeply about the default value and the language variables names)
- add the setting (and options) to the settings_current and settings_option tables in main/install/data.sql
- update the database version in Versionxyz.php, data.sql and database.sql
- check if maybe some of the settings can be removed by just altering the database (some settings were there only because they required a database change in previous versions)
- remove the setting from main/install/configuration.dist.php
- add the Title and Comment variables to translate.chamilo.org and translate to English
- search for all uses of these variables in the Chamilo code and make sure that all calls to $_configuration['variable'] or api_get_configuration_value() are replaced by api_get_setting() and that the value is checked against the string value of the setting ('true' rather than true)