Missing features in Chamilo v2
There are some missing features that need to be reviewed before the release:
- Install/upgrade process. (Using chash + symfony components). * Upgrade UI (I added some code but need to be tested). * Install UI.
- Sub languages (replaced by Gettext implementation - should be easier now but requires rewrite)
- language_measure_frequency based in the old main/lang folder (YW: can be abandonned and something similar developed on the basis of gettext, no problem, not urgent)
- hide/show dltt_markup in translations (YW: can be abandonned and something similar developed on the basis of gettext, no problem, not urgent)
- Translation variables in the installer.
The login process has been rewritten using the Symfony2 component and the FOSUserBundle so all this authentication would not work.
Files were deleted in v10
- OpenID (main/auth/open_id)
- LDAP support (main/auth/LDAP)
- Conditional login (main/auth/conditional_login)
- CAS support (main/auth/cas) SecurityServiceProvider
- Shibboleth (main/auth/shibboleth) not tested probably not working
- SSO (main/auth/sso) not tested probably not working
- Facebook (main/auth/external_login) not tested probably not working
Additional strategies could be added using third party bundles example:
- Should use OAuth2 as an identification mechanism (currently only one access key allows the use of webservices, without intermediate privileges, except for a reduced extension of results and learnpaths listings)
- Web services (main/webservices) should be re-written to use a common component (not yet selected) that allows to do REST/SOAP/XML-RPC equally. Right now there's any order and structure.
- Rapid conversion (OpenOffice) of PPT to LP (still works in 1.9 with LibreOffice 4.2, not 4.1)
- Xapian text indexing (works but needs to be improved)
- Maybe use elastica search? https://github.com/FriendsOfSymfony/FOSElasticaBundle
- YW: The greatest benefit of using Xapian is that it is very easily installed on a Linux web server without the need to install Java at all. Currently the Debian package has to be generated manually, but this is still much less weight for the server than another type of indexing system
- main/conference (folder was deleted in favor of plugin/bbb and plugin/openmeetings)
- Event controller should be reviewed.
Fckeditor was replaced with the latest version of Ckeditor.
Many add-ons are available from the CKeditor website: http://ckeditor.com/addons/plugins/all?sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC&page=5
- Glossary auto-link feature + CKeditor icon to link manually
- WCAG (was deleted - no support will be added for now, although supposedly better HTML5 support means the possibility to edit valid WCAG AA)
- Wiki "New page" icon
- Save icon (links to save action in Chamilo) (http://ckeditor.com/addon/save)
- AsciiMathML icon (offers more visually than the MathJax plugin - check http://ckeditor.com/addon/eqneditor and http://ckeditor.com/addon/mathedit)
- Mimetex icon (already available but replaced by MathJax) (http://ckeditor.com/addon/mathjax)
- AsciiSVG icon (not found any similar stuff)
- audio icon (http://ckeditor.com/addon/oembed)
- video (youtube) icon (http://ckeditor.com/addon/tliyoutube or http://ckeditor.com/addon/youtube)
- flv icon ? (http://ckeditor.com/addon/oembed ?)
- flash icon (already included)
- files upload (my files) -> use elfinder and integrate (ckfinder is not open source)
- Google maps plugin (http://ckeditor.com/addon/locationmap)
- document, course description, exercises (exe, questions and answers), social messages, tasks, wiki, forum, etc)
- Vertical/Activity themes.
- c_userinfo_def and c_userinfo_content were removed
- YW: this feature is not really a duplicate of user_extra_field, in the sense that it allows teachers to add data to their students' profile only for their course and without admin rights
- The css files still exist but need to be improve the way we load templates see:
- My files
User images & files / Group images (files inside main/upload)¶
- Files need to be moved to a central data folder
- main/portfolio could be removed as long as the few features there are moved somewhere else (social network?)
- WhoIsOnline platform/course/session (not working - code need to be moved in a controller)
- Custom pages
- Legal terms (the login process has been rewritten) -> this also implies reviewing
- Terms and conditions for courses,
- Password access to courses
- Custom tabs
- Custom pages (files inside /home)
Code need to be reviewed for all plugins
Updated by Alexander Hu about 5 years ago
Facebook login is definitively broken :-)
Just diggin' in the code, to see there are too many changes from framework 3.x to 4.x
Also, even the old code doesn't work properly (outdated version...).
i.e. the URL for a correct login looks like:
Also, we have so called "Long Life Access Token" which are valid for 2 months...
It get's a bit complicated/time consuming to fix/implement that.
So, i would recommend, if it is not used that often, better remove that plugin than have a broken one :-(