Project

General

Profile

Support #6125

unstable.chamilo.org htaccess doesn't exist

Added by Julio Montoya over 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Needs more info
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Installation / Migration
Target version:
Start date:
29/04/2013
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Complexity:
Normal
SCRUM pts - complexity:
?

Description

I have to do a manual sudo git pull/sudo git checkout master -f in order to have the local .htaccess

History

#1

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Yannick Warnier to Julio Montoya

Isn't that due to the script that updates the code (it changes an "htaccess" file to ".htaccess" file or something like that during the code update). This script was made before there was any need of .htaccess, so maybe the problem is just that?

#2

Updated by Julio Montoya over 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yannick Warnier

where is the script?

#3

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 6 years ago

  • Category set to System
  • Status changed from Needs more info to Needs testing
  • Assignee changed from Yannick Warnier to Julio Montoya

/var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/update.sh
I was confused by your question because (for some reason) I thought you were usually changing that script.

I just commented the last line:

rm /var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/www/.htaccess

:-)

I think that should do it.

#4

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 6 years ago

There's still something to be done about the fact that it needs to overwrite the .htaccess during the git pull though. Any idea how to do that? For now I've added a simple copy of the normal .htaccess from the update.sh script (I've saved git version of .htaccess as /var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/htaccess-normal)

#5

Updated by Julio Montoya over 6 years ago

Yannick Warnier wrote:

/var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/update.sh
I was confused by your question because (for some reason) I thought you were usually changing that script.

I just commented the last line:

rm /var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/www/.htaccess

:-)

I think that should do it.

Seems to works fine, the htaccess is still there after I sent some changes in the repo.

#6

Updated by Julio Montoya over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs testing to Needs more info
  • Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yannick Warnier

Yannick Warnier wrote:

There's still something to be done about the fact that it needs to overwrite the .htaccess during the git pull though. Any idea how to do that? For now I've added a simple copy of the normal .htaccess from the update.sh script (I've saved git version of .htaccess as /var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/htaccess-normal)

Well the .htaccess should be generated when we install Chamilo for the first time. There should be a htaccess-dist with the default settings.

#7

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Yannick Warnier to Julio Montoya

Do we need to "generate" it? In other words, is there anything dynamic in there? (like the RewriteBase I've seen in Diego's report)

Otherwise, as far as I know, it is in the git version and it can be put in the installable package, so unless there is something dynamic, we can leave it as it is...

#8

Updated by Julio Montoya over 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yannick Warnier

Yannick Warnier wrote:

Do we need to "generate" it? In other words, is there anything dynamic in there? (like the RewriteBase I've seen in Diego's report)

Otherwise, as far as I know, it is in the git version and it can be put in the installable package, so unless there is something dynamic, we can leave it as it is...

The only thing dynamic is the RewriteBase as Diego pointed.

#9

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 6 years ago

  • Category changed from System to Installation / Migration
  • Status changed from Needs more info to Assigned
  • Target version set to 2.0

OK, so we should definitely put something in the install procedure about the RewriteBase. I think it makes sense to set it to "/" by default (although I think this is already the default), so we should ask users to set it to 0777 for the time of the installation or to update it manually. I hate .htaccess :-)

#10

Updated by Julio Montoya over 6 years ago

I added a new htaccess-dist file and I modified the update.sh file

#12

Updated by Julio Montoya over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Needs testing
  • Assignee deleted (Yannick Warnier)

During a new chamilo 1.10 installation a new htaccess file is created based in htaccess-dist

#13

Updated by Eric Marguin over 5 years ago

Hi,

as I told Julio on irc, the web installer (main/install/) does not create the root htaccess file. It results that a lot of pages drives to 404 errors.
I guess the current "stable" way to install Chamilo 1.10 is to use chash ?

#14

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 5 years ago

At the moment it is, but this should be fixed very soon as we are releasing 1.9.8 and moving on to v10.
It should be possible to install v10 without knowing about chash.

#15

Updated by Julio Montoya over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs testing to Needs more info

Yannick, where is the script that makes a git pull and refresh the php files in unstable.chamilo.org?

#16

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 5 years ago

It should be just in /var/www/unstable.chamilo.org/update.sh (it is there, I just checked) and it is loaded every 10 minutes (7,17,27,...) by /etc/cron.d/update-dev

Also available in: Atom PDF