Remove root_sys from configuration.php
I don't think the $_configuration['root_sys'] is really necessary in configuration.php anymore.
We can now get it by checking the DIR (available since PHP 5.3.0) in global.inc.php.
- there was no dirname() in PHP 3, and maybe Claroline started with v3? (although PHP4 appeared in May 2000, which is before Claroline started, maybe there was some considerable delay before it was adopted)
- there was no FILE in PHP < 4.0.2 (see http://php.net/manual/en/language.constants.predefined.php)
- there might be a problem with dirname(FILE) with symbolic links and the fact that we would require (from global.inc.php) to do: $_configuration['root_sys'] = DIR.'/../../'; (and sometimes ".." is not translated well in symbolic links contexts.
Either way, we could just make $_configuration['root_sys'] optional in configuration.php, by leaving a commented line and adding some information for this inside the same file and inside the installation guide.The rationale behind removing/commenting this setting is:
- it blocks the possibility to move the chamilo directory (it just fails unless you change the setting)
- we don't really need it anymore (let's build an easier configuration file)
Replacing $_configuration['root_sys'] with api_get_path(SYS_PATH) see #6104
Replacing root_sys with api_get_path(SYS_PATH), setting sys path in global inc instead of api_get_path() changing some other paths due the new "data" folder see #6104