just interested to know what you think about:
Updated by Alexander Hu over 8 years ago
Then i would reccomend to implement that fast, because it would be a HUGE step forward to gain reputation and public relations ;-)
(although i don't know how much this would be to implement; but i already asked about funding... i have many clients which want special things... ;-) )
Updated by Alexander Hu almost 7 years ago
Actually just seing:
linked from our friends at moodle:
Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago
Just for information:
Updated by Yannick Warnier almost 7 years ago
Thanks for the links.
The implementation of OpenBadges in Chamilo should be slightly different from Moodle and Claroline in that, differently from these two, we already have a skills management system to which we need to connect OpenBadges.
- push badges to Mozilla OpenBadges
- pull badges from other portals
- decide whether a badge is shown publicly or not
The main item of discussion to start with is authentication and whether we integrate an authentication mechanism from Symfony (which I am afraid will act as a snowball and will force us to implement much more Symfony components as we've seen it happen for the development of v10) or whether we temporarily inject an OAuth2 library (and we replace it with an authentication component from Symfony later on when moving to v10).
The issue is that we would need at least a partial implementation now as we have a customer that clearly needs it (although he doesn't spell it), and because we should enjoy the opportunity to try it out and see the impact it can have (which I assume will be quite large).
Updated by Arturo Mora-Soto over 6 years ago
If the deadline is two week to incorporate our code, I think there is no enough functionality to add. Due to the lack of experience of my current development team at CIMAT they were not able to code as fast as I wanted. Right now they are dealing with OpenBadges API and designing a kind of Chamilo LMS API to publish badges from Chamilo to Mozilla Backpack.
So that, I believe the best option is to include the code done by us at CIMAT in the next version in order to include full functionality of the new plug-in.