Project

General

Profile

Bug #5685

Encryption issue when updating from 1.8.8.4 to 1.9.2

Added by Olivier CORRE almost 7 years ago. Updated over 6 years ago.

Status:
Bug resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Installation / Migration
Target version:
Start date:
30/10/2012
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Spent time:
Complexity:
Normal
SCRUM pts - complexity:
?

Description

I have discussed the problem here : http://www.chamilo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2436&start=20

When one tries to update from 1.8.8.4 to 1.9.2, encryption is automatically set according to settings in Chamilo's config file.
If set to MD5, update will use SHA1 though. Config file still says MD5 as encryption method but passwords won't match on updated system.

History

#1

Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

Hello, you're using openid, ldap or any other mechanism to login?

#2

Updated by Olivier CORRE almost 7 years ago

No.

#3

Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Julio Montoya

testing

#4

Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yoselyn Castillo
  • % Done changed from 0 to 10

I did a test with a Chamilo 1.8.8.4 installation with passwords in md5. I did an update to Chamilo 1.9.2 .
Users can login normally and the configuration setting was changed to:

$_configuration['password_encryption'] = 'md5';

I can't reproduce the bug. Yoselyn can you try to reproduce the error?

#5

Updated by Yoselyn Castillo almost 7 years ago

Sorry, i don't have any version of chamilo 1.8.8.4 to test it

#6

Updated by Yoselyn Castillo almost 7 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Yoselyn Castillo)
#7

Updated by Yoselyn Castillo almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Needs more info
#8

Updated by Olivier CORRE almost 7 years ago

I tried again with nightly 1.9.4 and I didn't get this problem.

#9

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 6 years ago

  • Target version set to 1.9.6
#10

Updated by Julio Bonifacio Aliaga over 6 years ago

  • Category set to Installation / Migration
  • Status changed from Needs more info to Bug resolved
  • Assignee set to Julio Montoya
  • % Done changed from 10 to 100

thanks

Also available in: Atom PDF