Tests: Review mode + expiration of time removes points
There is a grave problem in the exercises:
- build a 3 questions test (remember the right answers)
- allow marking for review
- allow time limit (2 minutes should be enough to test)
Now, do the following with a student account:
- answer one question correctly (this is in order for you to know that you should get more than 0 as score)
- answer the other two but mark them for review
- before finalizing, click on "Review my answers"
- let the time expire without finally sending the answers to the exercise
Look at the results: you've got 0/3!
This seems to happen only when you "enter the review mode". If you do not enter the review mode, and even if you don't finish the exercise, and even if you have marked some questions for review, as long as you don't click the "Review my answers" button at the end, everything is saved correctly.
This is a big problem for us now as we are launching several certification programs right now using Chamilo 1.9, and we have already lost the results for two users (shame on us) who will have to re-take the exam!
Updated by Julio Montoya over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Needs testing
- Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yoselyn Castillo
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I couldn't reproduce the bug, this could be possible because I implemented task #4541 (I moved some code into functions)
but I found another bug that was due a missing js in the exercise_reminder.php ( when the time goes out the JS should redirect to the "results page").
Maybe Yoselyn can make more tests?
Updated by Yoselyn Castillo over 7 years ago
- File 1.gif 1.gif added
- File 2.gif 2.gif added
- File 3.gif 3.gif added
- File results.gif results.gif added
- Status changed from Needs testing to Bug resolved
It works Fine for me too.
I have created a test with 3 questions
Time limit 2 minutes
I have logged in as student
I took the test and the images show the complete process.
the redirection to results page works too