Add IP and user agent in track_e_attempt
In order to improve the security around the taking of an exam, we should track the IP address and user agent string of the user while he/she is taking the exam.
As this might require much more processing time when a lot of users take the test simultaneously, the IP and user-agent should be stored in the session.The track_e_attempt table should be made a full fixed-length table:
- the course code should be changed to course int ID
- the ipaddr (new field) should be made a char(38) (to accomodate IPv6)
- the User-Agent string should be stored in a separate table and referenced by an integer ID in track_e_attempt
Updated by Yannick Warnier over 4 years ago
- Category set to Exercises
- Assignee deleted (
- Priority changed from High to Normal
This is not really necessary for 1.10.x, but we have already moved the litteral course code to a course ID.
The user_ip field has been added to track_e_exercise, but I think it's still a good idea to store it (additionally) into track_e_attempt for the "paranoid" mode.
Updated by Julio Montoya almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Needs more info
- Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yannick Warnier
"track_e_exercises" table already has a "user_ip" field. Only a new field called "user_agent" should be added.
Are you sure you're talking about "track_e_attempt"?