A series of people have been requesting a forum tool improvement. This is a bunch of ideas I have collected so far:
- other LMSes make the forum a little bit mor asynchronous (like chat) byt refreshing every minute or so, inserting new posts in the hierarchy through AJAX and playing a little sound when it does (requires a "sound off" button)
- collaboration, IT-problems-focused, forums like Stackoverflow allow you to vote on anyone's answer, giving them "reputation points"
- askubuntu, a similar site to Stackoverflow, now automatically grants you "badges" when you contribute a lot on the forum
- there should be a global forum for the whole platform. Maybe just using a special course (more special than the "special course" feature) that is unique to the platform, visible to all, and offers a series of global tools apart from the forums (like the documents tool, the agenda, the announcements, etc)
Updated by Alberto Torreblanca about 7 years ago
i think that the forum improvement is necessary.
The possibility to have budgets and voting is nice. This improvement force to have a budget system across the platform, its possible to include other tools in the budget counter, like exercises or learning path progress.
- I think the first step is to make forum more asynchronous.
- Voting system per forum reply
- Budget system at last.