Courses - Agenda/Calendar: publish calendar event over more days and duplicate gives strange result
- publish calendar event
- date of event over three days (thursday to saturday)
- select repeat: yes
- select: on weekdays
- select end date of repetition: 29 april 2012
- no other details (normal rights, publish for ever)
Result: see screenshot
- I asked repetition on weekdays but saturday and sunday are included
- event duplicates a lot of times on selected days
Updated by Anthony Hurst over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs more info
- Assignee set to Anneleen Verckens
- Target version changed from Backlog (default) to LCMS 3
To discuss your second point first, an event is displayed on all the days it is related to:
A time before the name of the event marks the start of the event.
An arrow before the name of the event marks a continuation from the previous day.
An arrow after the name of the event marks a continuation on the following day.
A time after the name of the event marks the end of the event.
The repetition of a calendar event is defined by its start date. In the instance you describe, the event only starts on weekdays, but overflows into the weekend (only continuations are listed for Saturday and Sunday).
This is the intended functionality. Do you get something different?
Updated by Anneleen Verckens over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Needs more info to Bug resolved
Anthony, I see. Although this is than the intended functionality, it is not very useful to have visual implications like that. But then it’s a usability thing, not a bug.
Thanks and I will change the status on the support. I only don't see how to make a usability-issue of it?