Project

General

Profile

Bug #3877

User's language still used after disabling

Added by Bas Wijnen about 8 years ago. Updated almost 7 years ago.

Status:
Bug resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
06/09/2011
Due date:
% Done:

80%

Estimated time:
Spent time:
Complexity:
Normal
SCRUM pts - complexity:
?

Description

Reproduce:
1. Enable English and Esperanto in the language settings, disable the rest
2. Set user language to Esperanto
3. Disable Esperanto in language settings, leaving only English
4. Look at the user's profile (edit it).

As you can see, the user's language is Esperanto, as it was set. This should no longer be possible. However, in the profile it shows "English" (which is also the only choice, which is correct). Saving this without changes results in the language being reset to English, as it should be.

I think when disabling a language, the administrator should be warned that users are using this language, and give the option to force them to another language (with the platform language as default). I think it should not be possible to disable a language which is still in use, and it should also not automatically change user's settings.

Of course, feel free to disagree with me. :-)

Associated revisions

Revision 9efd3b52 (diff)
Added by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

Now you can't disable the current platform language + when disabling a language that is used by users, the system will ask if you want to set the default platform language to all users instead of the disabled language see #3877

History

#1

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 7 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.9 Stable to 1.9 Beta
#2

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 7 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.9 Beta to 1.9.2

Hi Bas,

I agree but I see this as a "can wait" feature. I hope you won't be upset if I delay it a little bit.

Please note that the "lingering" effect with the language is due to caching of the templates and the contents of the session (apparently), so it should be fixed at a deeper level (and I'm not sure how much this could impact on performances), but it doesn't happen too often either, so I would tend to think it is not urgent either (it would have been if it was really frustrating a few users, but I think we're just you and me here, so far :-p).

#3

Updated by Yannick Warnier about 7 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4
#4

Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs testing
  • Assignee set to Julio Montoya
  • % Done changed from 0 to 80

I sent some changes, some lang vars are missing I will add it tomorrow

#5

Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Julio Montoya)

lang var added in translate.chamilo

#6

Updated by Yoselyn Castillo almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs testing to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Yoselyn Castillo
#7

Updated by Yoselyn Castillo almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Needs more info
  • Assignee changed from Yoselyn Castillo to Julio Montoya

It works fine for me.
1. I have enabled "English" and "Francais" languages in admin/languages.php.
2. I have setted user language to "Francais"
3. I have tried to disable "Francais" in admin/languages.php.
4. The result was i couldn't do it but message was still the name of variable like this:
ThereAreUsersUsingThisLanguageYouWantToDisableThisLanguageAndSetUsersWithTheDefaultPortalLanguage

#8

Updated by Julio Montoya almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs more info to Bug resolved
  • Assignee deleted (Julio Montoya)

I just updated the translation variables in Chamilo. I will change the status of this bug as resolved, feel free to reopen if the bug continues to appear.

Also available in: Atom PDF