Project

General

Profile

Bug #3764

Questions database does not work

Added by Yannick Warnier about 8 years ago. Updated over 7 years ago.

Status:
Bug resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
31/07/2011
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
1.00 h
Complexity:
Easy
SCRUM pts - complexity:
3

Description

I have 3 tests in a course. 2 have 1 questions each, one has 20 questions imported through Excel.

When I enter the questions database of one of the tests with only one question, I cannot find any of the existing questions. I haven't had time to check why, but this is clearly a bug.


Files

question_pool.png (53 KB) question_pool.png Julio Montoya, 01/08/2011 18:46

History

#1

Updated by Julio Montoya about 8 years ago

I suppose that: questions database = question pool?

#2

Updated by Julio Montoya about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Needs more info
  • Assignee deleted (Julio Montoya)

Did you test with 2 simple exercises (No excel import)?

#3

Updated by Julio Montoya about 8 years ago

With 2 normal questions it seems to work, after uploading an exercise and selecting from the select menu in the Question pool nothing happens.
I test it with the template IQtest

#4

Updated by Julio Montoya about 8 years ago

Julio Montoya wrote:

With 2 normal questions it seems to work, after uploading an exercise and selecting from the select menu in the Question pool nothing happens.
I test it with the template IQtest

My bad, I forgot to set to "none" the difficult menu. Now it works for me.

I sent a fix that avoids a fatal error when adding a exercise when the LP object is loaded:

http://code.google.com/p/chamilo/source/detail?r=b2571ca1ae2fe40a4060ee4653b80a8c4399c2fd&repo=classic

#6

Updated by Yannick Warnier about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs more info to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Julio Montoya

On my local machine with the Xapian text indexing enabled, I get (when clicking on "Re-use in the current test" button):

Fatal error: No matching function for overloaded 'TermGenerator_index_text' in /usr/share/php/xapian.php on line 1520 Call Stack: 0.0031 933784 1. {main}() /var/www/my.chamilo.net/chamilo-classic/main/exercice/question_pool.php:0 0.1010 6732696 2. Question->addToList() /var/www/my.chamilo.net/chamilo-classic/main/exercice/question_pool.php:166 0.1034 6742128 3. Question->search_engine_edit() /var/www/my.chamilo.net/chamilo-classic/main/exercice/question.class.php:810 0.4437 7964272 4. XapianIndexer->index() /var/www/my.chamilo.net/chamilo-classic/main/exercice/question.class.php:755 0.4448 7965328 5. XapianTermGenerator->index_text() /var/www/my.chamilo.net/chamilo-classic/main/inc/lib/search/xapian/XapianIndexer.class.php:124 0.4449 7965568 6. termgenerator_index_text() /usr/share/php/xapian.php:1520 

This is obviously related to Xapian and the fact that the creation of a new question generates indexing, but I don't know much more about that one.

Apart from that, the original problem has been fixed.

#7

Updated by Julio Montoya about 8 years ago

Yannick Warnier wrote:

On my local machine with the Xapian text indexing enabled, I get (when clicking on "Re-use in the current test" button):

[...]

This is obviously related to Xapian and the fact that the creation of a new question generates indexing, but I don't know much more about that one.

Apart from that, the original problem has been fixed.

Probably you need to add some terms? title content ?


   // free-form index all data array (title, content, etc)
                    if (!empty($chunk->data)) {
                        foreach ($chunk->data as $key => $value) {
                            $this->indexer->index_text($value, 1);
                        }
                    } 

#8

Updated by Yannick Warnier about 8 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Julio Montoya to Yannick Warnier
  • Target version changed from 1.8.8.4 to 1.9 Stable
#9

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 7 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.9 Stable to 1.9 Beta
#10

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Bug resolved
  • Assignee changed from Yannick Warnier to Julio Montoya
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

OK for me

Also available in: Atom PDF