installation: waldorf stable
When I upload a zip-file with documents in French, with accents in the title such as élève.docx, all the letters with accents disappear. If I upload the same docx file by file, the titles are well displayed.
see zip-file attached.
Updated by Sven Vanpoucke over 8 years ago
When unzipping the file we need to write the files temporary to the file system. Due to encoding issues we need to remove all the special characters from the file. I propose you give your files another filename to avoid this problem.
When uploading a single file this is not an issue because the file name is directly moved to the database without the bypass on the file system.
Updated by dominique de guchtenaere over 7 years ago
- File table_view_in_repo.png table_view_in_repo.png added
- File octet_stream.png octet_stream.png added
- File léger.zip léger.zip added
- File élèves.png élèves.png added
- File léger.png léger.png added
- Status changed from Needs more info to New
In the current c3 dev version, this doesn't work.
When I upload the zipped file with two files : élèves.docx and léger.docx in it, the upload works, but neither the title or the description are visible (see screen shot)
When I click the vertical sign, I get the following message: this is an application/octet-stream
After download, when I change the extension to docx, I can view the document
Importing a single document such as léger.docx or élèves.docx gives the following problem: lèves.docx ; the file léger.docx is well imported, but when opening it I see lÃ©ger
Tested on a windows computer
Updated by Anonymous over 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs testing
- Assignee changed from Sven Vanpoucke to Anonymous
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Some minor changes were necessary:
- uses Document instead if File
- some refactoring
- fix for path separator on Windows