Prevent upgrade hickup launching DB upgrade process twice
When not being careful, the database upgrade process sometimes occurs twice (the button is clicked two times). On very large installations, this can cause the upgrade to fail and be postponed several days, generating additional system administration costs.
There is probably a way to prevent this by adding a session parameter in main/install/index.php that locks the upgrading process (the button at the end) if it has already entered the switch before. The person who fixes this should take extra care of not preventing an upgrade completely though, nor to cut it in the middle of the upgrade. The same goes for "installations"
Manual tests should be executed to ensure the procedure is good, before committing to upstream.
Updated by Yannick Warnier almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Julio Montoya
- Estimated time changed from 2.00 h to 0.50 h
- Complexity changed from Difficult to Easy
- SCRUM pts - complexity changed from 20 to 3
Updated by Julio Montoya almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Needs more info
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 0 to 70