Project

General

Profile

Usability #2371

Slow- slower - slowest

Added by Koen Favere almost 9 years ago. Updated almost 8 years ago.

Status:
Bug resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Target version:
Start date:
27/11/2010
Due date:
% Done:

10%

Estimated time:

Description

Repository: Accessing Repository - Search actions - Remove content object : extremely slow - not workable :-(


Files

History

#1

Updated by Hans De Bisschop almost 9 years ago

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Usability
  • Target version changed from 3 to 21
#2

Updated by Koen Favere almost 9 years ago

Performance has dropped considerably. It's very frustrating. This is a very critical issue.

#3

Updated by Hans De Bisschop almost 9 years ago

It's no slower or faster then it was a few months ago as far as I know ?

#4

Updated by Sven Vanpoucke almost 9 years ago

I don't see a difference on my platform either.

#5

Updated by Koen Favere almost 9 years ago

I see a major difference when running locally. Will eventually cause major issues, even on fast servers. Really annoying.

#7

Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago

Are you on Windows, perhaps? I've noticed before (in a different project) that Windows has horrible performance when it comes to filesystem searches.

I currently don't have access to a Windows development box so I can't verify this, but could you try hg revision af0ac13f34c5 or later? It might improve the situation somewhat; I've managed to reduce the number of stat()-operations in the form of file_exists and is_dir from 1035 to 203 on the assessment view page.
This didn't hurt performance on NetBSD but it didn't improve it much either (12 milliseconds before, 4 milliseconds after). I expect it to be similar on other *nix platforms.

#8

Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 10
#9

Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago

I also noticed that there's an enormous number of CSS files that are included. I count 74 different "aqua.css" files on the assessment view page; each component provides its own version.

This could be quite a bit of overhead too if they all have to be checked and possibly loaded, especially on Windows servers.

On my local machine I noticed that the source loads almost instantaneously, but it's mostly the extra assets that take up all the rest of the time. Perhaps that's another thing you can test; try "view source" and see how long it takes to reload that.

#10

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 8 years ago

  • Project changed from Chamilo LCMS Connect to Repository
  • Category deleted (4)
#11

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 21 to 2.1.0
#12

Updated by Koen Favere almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Bug resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF