Project

General

Profile

Bug #133

Installation fails on postgres sql

Added by Stefaan Vanbillemont almost 10 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Start date:
29/10/2009
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Complexity:
Normal


Related issues

Related to Repository - Refactoring #2622: Drop last three (limit/offset/order by) arguments to Database#update_objectsNew24/01/2011

Actions

History

#1

Updated by Hans De Bisschop almost 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Hans De Bisschop
  • Priority changed from Normal to High
  • Target version changed from 3 to 2

Going to have a look at this. Considering we use MDB2 it should work. Without looking a the code, I'm guessing a MySQL-specific query could be the problem.

#2

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont almost 10 years ago

Hans,

Do you have an update on this issue? Was it MySQL-specific syntax? It this done?

#3

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 9 years ago

I tried this with a local postgresql installation just before the holiday. This is not fixed yet.

#4

Updated by Hans De Bisschop over 9 years ago

  • Priority changed from High to Normal

Stefaan Vanbillemont wrote:

I tried this with a local postgresql installation just before the holiday. This is not fixed yet.

That's why it wasn't marked as "Tested" or "Resolved" yet. There's several issues that prevent postgresql from working correctly. Not all of them can be fixed easily. Not sure full postgresql-support is realistic at this point. I will keep on looking for ways to optimize the database-layer and make things as compatible as possible, but there are some hinderances which might be near impossible to overcome.

The original issue was fixed (MySQL specific code when creating the platform-database) though. If and when there is some progress it'll be posted in this ticket.

#5

Updated by Hans De Bisschop over 9 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 20

Some more tweaks were implemented recently. Indexes should no longer be a problem, but a few other minor problems still remain. Most should be resolved automatically when the semi-overhaul of the rights management application is finished.

#6

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 9 years ago

Support of Postgresql .. we should probably move to after 2.0?

#7

Updated by Sven Vanpoucke over 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from 2 to 18
#8

Updated by Hans De Bisschop almost 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from 18 to 21
#10

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 8 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Hans De Bisschop to Anonymous
#11

Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago

  • % Done changed from 20 to 80

This work is now ready for merge (see my mail to the dev list)

If you're willing to try it out already, please clone my branch.

#12

Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago

Parts of this (the core bits) are now merged

#13

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 8 years ago

  • Project changed from Chamilo LCMS Connect to Installation
  • Category deleted (16)
#14

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 21 to 2.1.0
#15

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont over 7 years ago

  • Target version changed from 2.1.0 to Backlog (default)
#16

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont about 7 years ago

  • % Done changed from 80 to 0
#17

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont about 7 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Anonymous)
#18

Updated by Stefaan Vanbillemont about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to New

Also available in: Atom PDF