Project

General

Profile

Bug #1286

Oggie doesn't working correctly with arabic language

Added by Isaac Flores over 9 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:
Rejected - Abandoned
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
12/05/2010
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Complexity:
Normal
SCRUM pts - complexity:
20

Description

Hello all,

I hope all ok there :)

I have a bug report about of the oggie plugin with the arabic language,

I noticed that the oggie plugin doesn't converting the Arabic text correctly to their respective image,

I think that the problem is not due to charset of chamilo, I think that the problem is the java file converter instead.

Please see attachment files

Regards
Isaac flores


Files

arabic.zip (6.45 KB) arabic.zip This package contain the result of the oggie converter Isaac Flores, 12/05/2010 04:59
screens.zip (630 KB) screens.zip Some screens of the process for obtain the bug Isaac Flores, 12/05/2010 04:59
testing-file.zip (8.2 KB) testing-file.zip The file used for testing purpose Isaac Flores, 12/05/2010 04:59
الدرس_الأول.odp (16.3 KB) الدرس_الأول.odp Isaac Flores, 24/05/2010 21:55
converted_presentation_arabic.png (43.3 KB) converted_presentation_arabic.png Ivan Tcholakov, 24/07/2010 20:51

History

#1

Updated by Isaac Flores over 9 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Ivan Tcholakov to Julio Montoya
#2

Updated by Julio Montoya over 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.8.7 RC1 to 1.8.7.1
#3

Updated by Isaac Flores over 9 years ago

- This bug was found testing the Oogie on Fedora 10 OS.
- Openoffice 3.0
- Java 5 and Java 6 (JRE)

#4

Updated by Isaac Flores over 9 years ago

File for testing purpose...

#5

Updated by Julio Montoya over 9 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Julio Montoya)
#6

Updated by Ivan Tcholakov over 9 years ago

Conversion is Ok in my place: Chamilo 1.8.7+, OpenOffice 3.2.0, Windows Vista, XAMPP 1.7.2

#7

Updated by Ivan Tcholakov over 9 years ago

Ivan Tcholakov wrote:

Conversion is Ok in my place: Chamilo 1.8.7+, OpenOffice 3.2.0, Windows Vista, XAMPP 1.7.2

#8

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 9 years ago

Hi Isaac,

All good. How are you?

The Oogie problem with foreign fonts is generally caused by you not having the fonts installed on your server. For example, under Debian and to get Oogie working for Japanese presentations, you have to install fonts like xfonts-intl-japanes, xfonts-shinonome, ttf-mikachan, etc (try to find out what OpenOffice.org says about what font it is when you open the document manually on your desktop).

I'm officially rejecting this as a bug. Please feel free to publish the solution on your blog or the Chamilo forum (or simply here) once you have fixed it. Thanks.

#9

Updated by Yannick Warnier over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected - Abandoned
#10

Updated by Isaac Flores paz over 9 years ago

Hi yannick,

I'm fine,thanks...I'm working for spain still :)

About your comment, you are right, the problem are the fonts.

I fixed the Oogie problem on fedora installing the RMP packages of the Arabic language and installing the microsoft fonts(MS TrueType Fonts)...currently the Oogie conversion is working very well for me.

Good job with chamilo.

Have a good day,
Regards.

Also available in: Atom PDF